This is the treatment method for constructing transient fixed prosthesis by way of placing four implants in both jaws with certain angles within the same day for patients with no teeth at all. It will not require any bone grafts or sinus lifting. You will not have to visit your dentist several times. You can use the implant as easy and comfortably as your own teeth. It is a practical and effective treatment that provides economy in time.
It has been proven after clinical studies of long years that “All on 4” technique is a successful procedure.
What are the Advantages of the All on 4 İmplant Technique?
- It is a treatment with a very high success rate.
- It helps to prevent bone losses in the jaw.
- Period of treatment is shorter as the implanting and placement of the prosthesis will be performed within the same day with one single surgical procedure. The patient will not be required to visit the clinic several times.
- Operation will be easier and faster since no bone grafting or sinus lifting operations will be required.
- Significant improvement in speaking and chewing functions will be provided.
- It is ideal for patients who have difficulties in movable prostheses.
- It will boost the self-confidence patient with its esthetic appearance, and it will contribute to social communication.
- Costs will be lower as implants in a lesser amount will be used.
- Completion operation and prosthesis within the same day will make it an ideal treatment modality for patients coming from other cities or countries.
- Getting familiar with and using the prosthesis will be easier as compared to other prostheses as it will not include a palate part.
- Cleaning and maintenance are much easier as compared to other prostheses.
Can the All On 4 Treatment be Applied to Everyone?
It can be applied to any patient with good general health condition and – for cases requiring extraction - without infection in the extraction area.
If the patient has chronic diseases, dental implant operation must be carried out depending on the approval of the patient’s doctor
What are the Stages of the All On 4 Treatment?
X-rays and detailed examination of the patient will be carried out, and local anesthesia will be applied to the patient.
If extraction will be carried as the first stage, such extraction will be carried out, and at the same time, 4 implants will be placed at the locations as planned. Following this procedure, construction of the implant will be started as the 2nd stage. The fixed prostheses will be adapted to the patient in the same day. Fixed prosthesis can be constructed for this patient 3 months later.
Will there be Pain after All On 4 Operation?
Some pain and swelling can be seen like in every implant. However, these can be controlled if you take the drugs recommended by your dentist. Application of ice as recommended by your dentist after the operation will prevent swelling.
What is the Difference between the Traditional Implant Methods?
All on Four Technique:
- A fixed bridge will require only 4 implants.
- It is more inexpensive and more effective.
- Treatment can be carried out without bone grafts or sinus lifting.
- Implants can be placed within the same day (the same appointment).
Traditional Implant Method:
- Six to eight implants are required for a fixed implant treatment.
- It required more implants, surgical procedures and more appointments. Therefore, it is more expensive.
- The period of treatment is longer since it requires bone grafts in general.
- It requires multiple appointments, and temporary prostheses must not be implanted before the permanent prosthesis.
- It requires a healing period of 6 to 8 months.